What does Tasking as a finance term mean?

February 08, 2010

Let alone my showing I lack knowledge, this post is for finance starters like me (I call myself one, am always a starter =)) !

Tasking is usually heard of from the Planning/ Budgeting and Forecasting peeps. It refers to either (1) the target reduction in budgeted costs that is called for from the budget holders, or (2) the target addition/ increase to budgeted revenue that the sales management is asked to achieve. Budgets are built in detail but below the detail total is a "task" in value of how much further cost reduction, or further sales increase is expected. (said these in my words though, anyone who can say it more concisely?)

Twenty months since I first heard the term, I havent had the luck when I searched it's meaning online. Just recently, my manager asked the budgeting peeps it's meaning. My lesson? Hindi ako nag-iisa!

=)    (Tag- Tasking meaning in budgets)

You Might Also Like

2 COMMENTS

  1. We are proud to inform you that we have added your blog site in our KABLOGSS community, an aggregate site for Global Filipinos, you may find your site at Middle East & Africa blogging groups. You may please grab the KABLOGS logo from our url site (http://www.ofwkablogs.com/) and proudly display it in your side bar.

    Life is Beautiful, keep on blogging, keep on inspiring.

    A blessed weekend to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sincerest thank you for letting me in the community, more so of considering I can inspire through blogging.

    You came as a surprise, as I only aimed at initially putting up the blog to journal my son's growing up (and other topics in between =) ) , and yet you chanced on my blog.

    I feel inspired and motivated by you, many thank you-s!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...