Friday Brunch @ Asiana Hotel's Lamesa Restaurant

July 06, 2012

Being the under AED 100/ person buffet patrons, we found Filipino fare alternative for our Sumo Sushi Friday buffets -- at Lamesa restaurant at Asiana Hotel along Siddique Road in Deira. (Speaking of buffets, Thai Chi at Wafi is on AED 120 for two adults but on weekday lunches only. Kalel was free of charge. Please phone them to confirm if promotion is still valid.)


Friends frequent Lamesa for Karaoke nights and comedy shows, but I guess my family would settle for their brunches for the time being.

     --  Friday and Saturday Filipino brunches costs AED 69 an adult and AED 34 a child
     --  Above brunch includes unlimited water, iced tea and coffee and tea
     --  Buffet table includes a few sushi and a few Korean dishes
     --  Prior reservation is highly advised. Call +971 4 238 7777
     --  Venue carries a no-slippers policy
     --  Weekend buffets start at 11 a.m.
     --  Asiana Hotel is located between Reef Mall and Muraggabat Police Station
     --  Check other details from the website here

Many Kabayans hold their weekend celebrations here filling the venue so the need for reservations. Today alone there were four big groups almost occupying all of the restaurant. Someone hosting a baby shower even had a small round table in front with their tokens and cake on it.

I'd stay away from commenting individually on the food except that I'd say (1) diners have more than enough for their value of money; (2) I wish there was Kilawen prepared a'la Barrio Fiesta style; (3) I thought that Dinuguan and other exotic dishes could've added variety in place of  the three Korean dishes, (4) there's a few sushi but no sashimi.

Today's buffet line started with pork sinigang soup and appetizers including cold cuts and steamed veggies.  Then below are some takes on the other offerings:

Spot all you can eat on my plate below: Crispy Pata, Pork Sisig, Chicken Sisig, Beef Tapa, Korean Noodles, Sesame Chicken, Pork Tocino, Kare Kare, Chopsuey, Embotido, Daing na Bangus, Korean beef dish, Chicken Dumplings, Korean Kimchi (I suppose):


A little of every dish on offer for the Friday Buffet
Sushi all you can on three limited types without sashimi on the appetizers area:

Not as 'appetizingly' prepared, but better than nothing

Who said a sleeping Girl in a carrier can stop me from fixing my waffles?


Waffles fresh from the griddle, warm, buttered and sweetened -- hearty indeed :


Pulutan galore -- pork and chicken sisig:


Crispy pata all you want:


Make your own halo-halo:


Completing the dessert offerings:


And from the appetizers where my first plate started:

And the bill:

Yes indeed, more than a Kuya, Kalel is now a paying customer, our wallets would miss those complimentary meals. *Sigh with a smile*

You Might Also Like

7 COMMENTS

  1. Try nga namin yan minsan. Madalas namin yang naririnig sa commercials over TFC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your post is making me hungry. i love crispy pata :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I discovered your blog last month when I searched for posts on Turkey Visa Application for Filipinos. And today, I was going through Friday brunches and it lead me to this! Your posts are really helpful. Thanks a lot! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can also try Friday Brunch at Kitakits in Marco Polo Hotel, Al Muteena, Deira! It is a bit cheaper than Asiana's but almost the same satisfaction. Just book in advance! :)

    Happy Eating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After I originally left a comment I appear to have clicked on the
    -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on each
    time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment.

    Perhaps there is an easy method you are able to remove me from that service?
    Thank you!

    Also visit my homepage - subheading

    ReplyDelete
  7. The food at Asiana hotel is so good and the value is brilliant i thought. Every time I go the place is very busy which i always think is a good sign. I have started going to their weekday lunch buffet too at AED49 which is really nice also and has some other variety of dishes like burgers and pizza and a really nice Thai curry.

    Thanks for posting this and keeping me informed :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...